Saturday, April 24, 2010

Being sick isn't fun

I'm hoping to get something posted tomorrow, I've been sick for about a week and my daughter is getting over strep throat (good times). I did get out to a game yesterday, and saw Yucaipa's Taijuan Walker pitch again, and he threw a no hitter. I believe that was the second no hitter I've seen, the other was also this year, by Scotty Frazier. It's a little weird, I didn't even realize Walker threw a no no until I read the paper this morning and checked Maxpreps to check his pitching line (3 walks, 9 k's).

Walker looked much better yesterday than when he pitched against Redlands East Valley a few weeks back. He was working at a much quicker pace and was mixin his offspeed much better. He missed up in the zone a lot again, but he was able to overpower most of the Eisenhower hitters. Yesterday he was working at 90-92 and touched 93 with his slider and change coming in around 80-83. I look forward to seeing more of him in the near future. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment